Home Baked Stories is a pilot series showing the stories behind home cooked meals. Episode six features Mukti Banerjee who is cooking the amazing Egg Curry or Anda Rsha as it’s also known (recipe below).
Our first six episodes focus on cooks from the new homemade meal cooperative, MealKu.
How to make Egg Curry (aka Anda Rsha)
4 boiled eggs
1 red onion
1/2 inch ginger
3 cloves of garlic
Handful of cilantro
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tablespoons of oil
1/4 tsp of cumin, coriander and clove seeds(mixture)
2 bay leaves
8 pieces of boiled potato
1) Add one table spoon of oil in the pan. When hot, add the three spices mix to get the aroma out.
2) Add chopped onions and fry until translucent.
3) Put the fried onion and ginger and garlic and handful of cilantro, and tomato into a blender. Add a little water to help blend them well.
4) In a wok add one tablespoon of oil, cumin seeds and your blended mixture.
5) Add the boiled eggs and potato and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and cook until the spices are separate from the oil.
6) Add a little water and add salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
7) Enjoy with plain rice or paratha.